Blog Post / December 26th, 2022
I learned how to use a database!
"You asked for miracles, <your name here>, I give you the F.R.D."
I finally learned how to use Firebase Realtime Database! There are two pages on my website that make use of it:text
- This is how I learned to use Realtime Database
- Type a message in the box (120 character limit), then press enter or the send button
- Your message is added to the database, along with the date and time
- All messages from the database appear below, with the date and time (adjusted to your time zone)
- Duplicate messages become "..."
- Messages are removed from the database after 30 minutes
- ***This was just a learning experience, so I didn't optimize the code very much (if there are lots of messages, adding more will freeze the page for several seconds — reload the page to improve speed)
- Beneath "Part 2: The Discord Bot", you will see a box that says "BOT STATUS: "
- When you go to this page, it essentially asks my bot if it's online, and if there's a responce it changes the status to "online"